So the rest of our trip went like this:
1. Mom gets very sick after the Knights dinner and spends all day Sunday in bed.
2. Boys decide they aren't thrilled with Las Vegas (we had booked two nights at the Excalibur on the strip) and opt to return to Karen and Jimmy's where they can play more VR games.
3. Mom is finally able to drag herself out of bed Monday morning, for the early flight home with the boys - still not eating, just in case.
4. Scott stays in Las Vegas for his conference.
5. Boys and Mom land in PDX, take the shuttle to long-term parking and discover the battery on the van is dead.
6. Carson kicks van tire until we're sure it's dead as well.
7. Shove all luggage in through the passenger door because it, and the drivers door, are the only ones we can open with the manual key.
8. Turns out PDX has a guy that will jump your car for free! It takes 1.5 hours for him to arrive... time spent in the van with no heat and two tired children. Mom is still sick. Carson needs to pee.
9. Nolan wants McDonalds, Carson wants Subway, pick up the dog.
10. Home sweet home, just six or seven hours after we landed.
More pictures from the trip posted here